|Each 0.5 mL single dose contains:
|Typhoid Vaccine (Vi-capsular Polysaccharide of Salmonella typhi Ty2)
|Isotonic buffer solution
||q.s. to 0.5 mL
Typhoid Vaccinne (Purified Vi-capsular Polysaccharide)
For the active immunization against typhoid fever
Typhoid vaccination is recommended in the following:
- Persons at risk of intimate exposure (e.g., continued household contact) to a known typhoid carrier or patient
- Food handlers such as dietary personnel, cooks, waiters, servers, dieticians, nutritionists
- Microbiology laboratory workers with frequent contact with cultures of S. typhi
- School-age children and young adults in areas where typhoid fever in these age groups is a significant public health problem, and particularly where antibiotic-resistant S. typhi strains are prevalent
- Travelers to areas where typhoid fever is endemic
- Healthcare personnel
- Police, Armed forces and such other regimented personnel
- There is no evidence to support the use of typhoid vaccine to control common source outbreaks, disease following natural disaster or in persons attending rural summer camps.
- Typhoid vaccine should not be used to treat a patient with typhoid fever or a chronic typhoid carrier.
Dosage and Administration
For more information on safety, precaution and other information about this product, please see the Product Insert.
Please consult your physician and other healthcare providers before taking any prescription medicines found on this site. The contents found on this page are for information purposes only. It should not be construed as a substitute for professional medical advise and should not be relied upon in that regard. You undertake to carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use.
Caution: Food, Drugs, Devices and Cosmetics Act prohibits dispensing without prescription.