For Diaper Rash
What is the medicine used for?
- This medicine is used for the prevention and treatment of diaper rash by preventing wetness from coming into direct contact with the skin.
- It also promotes healing of minor skin irritations, non-infected wounds and burns, abrasions, cuts, chafed skin, and sunburn.
What is in the medicine?
This medicine contains zinc oxide, a skin protectant. Zinc oxide acts as a physical barrier that soothes the skin and prevents it from coming into direct contact with external irritants. This protective effect prevents worsening of the condition and promotes the normal healing processes of the skin.
How much and how often should you use this medicine?
Directions for Use
Wash hands before and after each application.
For diaper rash:
- Change wet and soiled diapers promptly.
- Clean the diaper area and allow it to dry.
- Apply zinc oxide ointment as often as necessary, with every diaper change, particularly at bedtime or when the skin may be exposed to wet diapers for a long period of time.
For other minor skin conditions:
- Clean the affected and surrounding areas of the skin with mild soap.
- Rinse thoroughly with water and pat dry.
- Apply a sufficient amount of zinc oxide ointment and rub gently on the affected areas of the skin once or twice daily. Use gauze dressing when needed.
Or, as directed by a doctor.
For more information on safety, precaution and other information about this product, please see the Patient Information Leaflet.