|Each capsule contains:
|Doxycycline (as hyclate)
Indicated in the treatment of infections caused by susceptible strains of the following microorganisms in the conditions listed below:
- Sexually transmitted diseases due to Chlamydia trachomatis, Ureaplasma urealyticum, Haemophilus ducreyi, and Calymmatobacterium granulomatis
- Urinary tract infections due to Enterobacter aerogenes, Klebsiella spp. and Acinetobacter spp.
- Respiratory tract infections caused by Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae, and Klebsiella spp.
- Gastrointestinal infections due to Vibrio cholerae, and Shigella spp.
- Systemic infections caused by Rickettsiae, Borrelia recurrentis, Yersinia pestis, Francisella tularensis, Bartonella bacilliformis, and Brucella spp.
- Infections caused by Escherichia coli, Enterobacter aerogenes, Shigella spp., and Acinetobacter spp.
When penicillin is contraindicated, Doxycycline is an alternative drug in the treatment of the following infections:
- Uncomplicated gonorrhea caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Syphilis caused by Treponema pallidum
- Yaws caused by Treponema pertenue
- Listeriosis due to Listeria monocytogenes
- Anthrax due to Bacillus anthracis
- Vincent’s infection caused by Fusobacterium fusiforme
- Actinomycosis caused by Actinomyces israelii
- Infections caused by Clostridium spp.
- In acute intestinal amebiasis, Doxycycline may be a useful adjunct to amebicides
- In severe acne, Doxycycline may be a useful adjunctive therapy
- In refractory periodontitis and periodontal abcess, Doxycycline may be a useful adjunctive therapy
Doxycycline is indicated for the prophylaxis of malaria due to Plasmodium falciparum in short-term travelers (<4 months) to areas with Chloroquine and/or pyrimethamine-sulfadoxine resitant strains.
Dosage and Administration
For more information on safety, precaution and other information about this product, please see the Product Insert.
Please consult your physician and other healthcare providers before taking any prescription medicines found on this site. The contents found on this page are for information purposes only. It should not be construed as a substitute for professional medical advise and should not be relied upon in that regard. You undertake to carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use.
Caution: Food, Drugs, Devices and Cosmetics Act prohibits dispensing without prescription.