UNITED LABORATORIES, INC.
Welcome to the Unilab Website!
1. Privacy Statement. - Your privacy is important to us. We will only collect personally identifiable data, such as your name, address, telephone number, fax number, or e-mail address, when you voluntarily submit them to us at this Website. We will use this information to comply with your request for information and, as necessary, to contact you. We will not sell or otherwise transfer any personally identifiable information that you have provided at this Website to any third party unless otherwise disclosed to you beforehand, except that we may release such data to (1) any personnel, agent, adviser, auditor, or contractor who provides services or advice to us in connection with our operations; (2) any person under a duty of confidentiality to us; and (3) any person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable in or outside the Philippines. We will, however, seek to take appropriate steps so that the personal information will not be retained longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the information is to be used unless we have obtained your consent to use it for other purposes.
2. Privacy in Linked Sites. - Our site currently contains links to a number of sites that we believe may offer useful information to you. However, the privacy policies and procedures described in the immediately preceding paragraph may not apply to those sites. We, therefore, advise that you contact those sites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies.
3. Non-Confidential Information. - Subject to the terms and conditions set forth in paragraph A(1) above, any communication or material that you send to us through the internet, or post on this Website by electronic mail or otherwise, such as inquiries, comments, suggestions, or the like, is and will be deemed to be non-confidential, and UNILAB shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information. You agree that UNILAB shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such communication or materials for any purpose whatsoever.
4. Children. - This Website is not directed at children, and the services offered in this Website are for individuals who are at least 18 years of age. Any person under 18 years old who wishes to request any personalized services must provide us in advance the relevant consent from his/her parent. Should anyone whom we know to be under 18 years old send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him/her that we must have his/her parental consent before receiving his/her information.
We will not use, distribute, or disclose any child's personal information to third parties without prior parental consent. If, at any time, a parent withdraws his/her consent to our use or maintenance of personal information collected from his/her child, we will promptly remove such information from our database.
B. Intellectual Property
1. Trade Names, Trademarks and Service Marks. - Únited Laboratories, Inc.", "Unilab" and all the names of affiliate companies and products (collectively, the "Marks"), whether or not appearing with the ™ or ® symbols, are the trade names, trademarks or service marks of UNILAB, its affiliates, or its licensors or joint venture partners, unless otherwise noted. The use or misuse of these Marks, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and is in violation of trademark law, unfair competition law and other relevant laws and regulations. UNILAB will not hesitate to enforce its intellectual property rights to these Marks to the fullest extent of the law.
2. Copyright. - The entire contents of this Website are protected by copyright. All rights have been reserved. The contents of this Website may not be copied other than for non-commercial, individual reference and for such other uses classified as "fair use" under Philippine copyright law.
C. Limitation on Use and Disclaimers
1. Limitation on Use. - As a condition of your use of this Website, you agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, racially or ethnically offensive, obscene, pornographic, hateful, offensive or otherwise objectionable information or content of any kind, including (without limitation) any materials which may violate the rights of others, any Philippine or foreign law or give rise to civil or criminal liability. You will be responsible for the contents and statements made by you and indemnify us from any claim, action or proceedings arising from any material that you post or transmit. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted in this Website.
By voluntarily disclosing your personal data or information in this Website, you understand that such data/information may be used or collected by others resulting in unsolicited messages from other parties.
UNILAB is under no obligation to monitor or review the discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and other dialogue in this Website and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the dialogue contained therein, or for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within its Website.
2. No Advice. - Do not construe any information in this Website as the giving of advice or the making of a recommendation, and you should not rely on it as the basis for making any decision or taking action, medical or otherwise. For medical decisions, it is important that you rely only on the advice of a duly licensed and competent doctor or health care professional to advise you taking into account your specific circumstances. We accept no liability for the accuracy or completeness or use of, nor any liability to update (albeit we will do our best to do this), the information contained in this Website. Further, we are providing the materials in this Website without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
3. No Liability for Linked Sites. - This Website contains links to other sites in the Internet. UNILAB is not responsible for information that you will find in such other Websites since we exercise no control over them. While we will attempt to provide you with links only to third-party Websites that comply with relevant laws and regulations and our own standards, the content of those sites may change without our prior notice. For this reason, we cannot be responsible and accept no liability for any information or opinion contained in, or computer viruses contained in, any third-party Website linked to this Website.
1. No Offer Where Prohibited. - This Website and its contents are intended to comply with the laws and regulations in the Republic of the Philippines. Although the information in this Website is accessible to users outside of the Philippines, any and all information pertaining to UNILAB and its affiliates and their respective products is intended for use only by residents of the Philippines. Other countries may have laws, regulatory requirements and medical practices that differ from those in the Philippines. Hence, UNILAB does not offer any product or service contained in this Website to residents of countries where such an offer is prohibited or could result in any liability on the part of UNILAB or its affiliates.